Welcome






Hello all. I'm an artist/gardener. My intention is to feel about my art making as I do when I'm working in the garden--focused, peaceful and connected. I'm convinced that there are deep historical connections between the garden and creating and my work continues that tradition. I'm presently focused on the places where domesticity and wildness meet. In my mind, it's all one thing.
Please feel free to leave comments for me. I'd love to hear from you.

Here we Go Now

It is finally time for me to get in the greenhouse every day. I'm working on a new garden project with my friends Jill and David. We are growing heirloom and open pollinated vegetable and herb starts to sell at Farmers Market. I always sell tomatoes and peppers, herbs and flowers but we're doing a bigger variety. The intention is to be able to offer people some of the genetic seed treasure that heirloom & OP varieties contain. The recipients of our project will be able to save the seed from these plants and start or continue their own heirloom seed collections. I'll be posting our list soon, once everything has germinated.


Friday, February 19, 2010

The work says it all.  I admire the tenacity of purpose in Julia Galloway's work.  Her discipline and intention are written into every cup.

I am committed to the daily act of making beautiful objects and insistent about creating with my hands.
A need for beautiful domestic objects and an instinctual drive to create things, are tremendous dance partners for idea and desire. 
Julia Galloway
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watermark

Watermark

Favorite Artists

etsy front page